The ratings or the actual values were released on 17 March 2009 and the final Bands will be released on April 11 2009.
Apart from many other dumb reasons managers have one more reason to tell their team members for their poor rating – economy !.
In most cases the employee would have done his/her job perfectly but the Manager will try to convince these poor souls that the entire company is in losses because of the one or two days vacation the employee would have taken, or the bugs in the system etc.
And the real cultprits who are responsible for not foreseeing market realities or signing hopeless contracts at the bare minimum pricing would still get better ratings.
If a Project Manager is able to convince most of his team members to take poor ratings he will get a good rating from his boss. So you can understand how the situation in a team would be. Now top reasons a manager might give to reduce your performance evaluation ratings
1. If you want release I will give you lower rating and this is how tcs works.
2. You haven't done any certifications this half yearly, Next time try to improve.
(Our hero would have worked 12 hours shifts everyday for no good)
3. You haven't contributed anything to the Centre level activities (like dancing or singing !!)
4. We thought of giving you even lower rating, but I argued with top management for this rating for you.
5. You haven't contributed to Knowmax, PIPs blah blah blah
6. Your rating got reduced in curve fitting which is out of my hand. (As if curve is some indeterminate shape and values in curve are random)
7. You have been given better rating last time, so give chance to others.
8. I made a mistake while giving the values as I was doing it in late night. Please don't make it as an issue I will compensate next time.
9. Our project doesn't have money.
10. We will send you to onsite soon.. so your rating doesn't matter.
Please add your own views experiences here and pass on this to your friends as well.