I recently watched a TV program in STAR Vijay (STAR’s Tamil Channel) “Neeyaa Naanaa ?” (translation : You or Me ? ). This program brings people (No celebrities,just common man) with opposing views and let them air their opinion on show.
Last week’s topic was HR vs employees in IT ? Industry. The HRs were well represented by TCS HR,Infosys HR and from many other companies. Even the employee group had diverse employees. As you would know the HR team was very good in speaking through the topic and keeping a strong hold in the discussion by saying employees fake their resumes etc etc.
Also most of the HR group indicated they fight for employees against management and they save the employees everyday. It was pathetic many of the employees couldn’t really put their views across in the show. But finally the Show anchor decided to pitch in for employees, he asked if the following are true or not?
* HR doesnt really perform any of so called Human Resources empowerment or Helping the employees, rather they are a tool to implement management ‘s decisions.
* The way employees are getting fired in recession, informing them on the very day to leave office without any actual notice period.
* HR doesn’t have any independent say in most decisions.
* HRs think they are the Boss.
* Asking woman employees not to become pregnant for few years or so as a condition for hiring them.
As you would expected the HR team refuted all the allegations and then was the twist. One of the HR member spoke in his own idiotic way to accept the fact they simply follow management orders.
And to top it all the program invites two experts in the subject of discussion, they had Pugazhendhi (HR Manager and an renowned writer).
He didn’t mince words ” Todays HR’s function is not really for welfare of employees, the word HR is not a correct job description for most of them. They are just process enforcers and acting towards enforcing the Management’s decisions”
Lets have a discussion in the newly formed IT Forum