In one of the most bizarre stories, Vijay Kumar an employee of TATA Consultancy Services (TCS) was (suspected) to be burnt to death in a freak accident involving computer. Though exact reason is unknown he was found charred to death in a sitting position in front of his Home PC, which was also completely burnt.
The victim was sharing the room with two others in telugu brahmin street in Velachery and was working in TCS Velachery. His roomate Ram Prasad was taking bath when he heard a blast, and found his roomate burnt in front of his computer. Ram Prasad reportedly fainted on the scene.
Vijay Kumar hails from Madurai, a southern city in Tamil nadu. Till now there has never been a case of computer related death, there have been cases in China due to buring batteries etc. But this involves a PC and mostly assembled one. Chennai Police havent ruled out foul play yet.