RSS:
Publications
Comments
Dexternights..

Daily dose of IT, Hardware,
Cell phones and other technology

ATT wireless network down.. Call centres closed as well

There seems to be a huge ATT wireless network outage in parts of Michigan (We don’t have any info about other parts of Country). Please add it in comments section.

The Call centers are also down at this time. Most of their towers do not pickup signal in the affected areas.

Update : 14.40 EST Dec 28 2008

Finally was able to reach customer care and they said there is a PRIORITY 1 ticket on the issue, and they are trying to resolve the issue, They wouldnt divulge on how severe the impact is and they dont have any clue when it will be fixed, as they are still working on that. So Have a nice sunday…

Based on comments the issue is also affecting customers in Illinois and should be in other area of MidWest.

Update

1800 EST – Towers are back up still call not going through :(

Follow dexternights on Twitter

14 Comments to ATT wireless network down.. Call centres closed as well

1. F's Gravatar F
    December 28, 2008 - 2:43 pm | Permalink

Illinois-based numbers went out on my brother/sister/moms family plan approx 1:30pm eastern time. My number (Illinois-based) out at approx. 2pm. Phones are in NC and KS. Need to make several business calls…this had better get fixed quick.

2. Chicago User's Gravatar Chicago User
    December 28, 2008 - 3:49 pm | Permalink

S. Suburban Chicago User here: No service going on 2 hours. I’m not tripping; it’s actually a pretty nice respite.

Okay – enough “respite.” I’m ready for my service, AT&T . . . need to order a flippin’ pizza, already, geez louise . . . **rolls eyes**

3. Sean's Gravatar Sean
    December 28, 2008 - 5:05 pm | Permalink

Service here in the Detroit area has been down most of the day. It’s 5 pm here and still nothing. Is there anymore news on this?

4. Chris's Gravatar Chris
    December 28, 2008 - 5:41 pm | Permalink

I have a Tilt on AT&T and have had a high latency internet connection through my phone. I am posting from it right now. It has been rough since this afternoon. I am in Farmington Hills, MI.

5. Jim's Gravatar Jim
    December 28, 2008 - 5:49 pm | Permalink

I’m at Great Detroit Area. no serve since early morning.

called custom service, no credit for this outage unless it’s down more than 24 hours.

hope it’ll be back on tonight. good luck

6. December 28, 2008 - 7:34 pm | Permalink

Nothing is working

7. Mike's Gravatar Mike
    December 28, 2008 - 8:01 pm | Permalink

Milwaukee Wisconsin area. Both iphones have been down since early afternoon. Went to Apple store. THey have no information. Went to AT&T store they had no clue either. One of the Iphones has no SIM card error. They have no redundancy, no customer service????!!!!. Not even a message under AT&T wireless web site under support! No communication from anyone who is in charge of the multi-billion dollar network. This is very sad! Good luck

8. Emily's Gravatar Emily
    December 30, 2008 - 4:32 pm | Permalink

I live in an Atlanta suburb and I have not been able to make a call or receive one for two day. I’m also having trouble sending texts and they fail about 10 times before sending. I thought it was a problem with my phone so I took it to the store but apparently the whole area here in Georgia is having problems. I was told that it should be fixed any minute though. Yea right.

9. Derek's Gravatar Derek
    December 29, 2009 - 1:08 am | Permalink

In Texas, my wife and I have been having quite a few dropped calls preceeded by the sound of someone scratching their nails on a blackboard….not welcomed in my ear.

10. June 12, 2013 - 5:38 am | Permalink

(Game scheduled for December 15th with Utah State playing
    Toledo). Understanding video gaming is a must tip on how to run a game store.
    Most video game testers reported that their salary falls between
    $15,000 and $55, 000 in a year.

11. July 25, 2013 - 3:08 am | Permalink

You don’t have to hit the gym for two and three hours each day to lose weight, but it does help to squeeze in 30 minutes of physical activity each day. Authorities inside the area will need to have an intensive understanding of laboratory and labeling techniques, infection security precautions, appropriate blood attract approaches to the elderly and for infants and even more. The institution has persistently offered ideal programs and services for those struggling to achieve certain levels of body weight.

12. Kay's Gravatar Kay
    July 27, 2013 - 8:05 am | Permalink

Believing that you are actually starving, it releases
    chemicals that actually make it harder to lose weight in an effort to conserve energy.
    Vinson had participants keep their normal diet and exercise routines (or lack thereof) and
    merely added the green coffee. Many people don’t have the time to weight themselves every day, but checking the scale on a regular basis can definitely help when you’re working to lose weight and keep it off.

13. October 19, 2013 - 1:50 am | Permalink

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.
    I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back later in life.
    I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great job, have a nice day!

14. April 1, 2014 - 1:29 pm | Permalink

Wow, wonderful weblog structure! How lengthy
    have you been blogging for? you made running a blog glance easy.
    The full look of your site is magnificent, let alone the content material!

2 Trackbacks to ATT wireless network down.. Call centres closed as well